Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year

At least 219 migrants and refugees are believed to have drowned in the Mediterranean already this year, more than double than during the same period a year ago, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) said on Tuesday.
Following interviews with four survivors of a weekend shipwreck, the agency said nearly 180 people were feared to have been aboard a boat that capsized off the coast of Libya, not 110 as earlier thought.
To continue reading, please click here.
Source: uk.reuters.com

Share this article

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

More articles from MAST...

intel reports

Security and Risk Report 26/10/22

MAST’s security report issue 355 is available to read now. In the Gulf of Guinea, local fishing communities in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, have complained

Read More »

Get in touch

Maritime Security
Email:Operations@mast-security.co.uk
24/7 Emergency Telephone:+44 (0) 1218 209 946

Main Office: +44 (0) 1279 216726

Risk Consulting
Email: Riskconsulting@mast-security.co.uk
Call: +44 (0) 1279 874 528

Security Systems
Email: Technology@mast-security.com
Call: +44 (0) 1279 874 521

Skip to content