Yemen Backtracks on Suspending U.S. Raids After Civilian Casualties

By
WASHINGTON — Yemen’s government said on Wednesday that it had requested a “reassessment” of an American commando raid last month that killed several women and children and closer coordination on future operations, but said that it had not suspended future raids by United States Special Operations forces.
Citing American officials, The New York Times had reported on Tuesday that Yemeni authorities, angry about the civilian casualties incurred last month in the first counterterrorism operation authorized by President Trump, had withdrawn permission for the United States to run Special Operations ground missions against suspected terrorist groups in the country.
To continue reading, please click here.
Source: https://www.nytimes.com/

Share this article

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

More articles from MAST...

intel reports

Security and Risk Report 26/10/22

MAST’s security report issue 355 is available to read now. In the Gulf of Guinea, local fishing communities in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, have complained

Read More »

Get in touch

Maritime Security
Email:Operations@mast-security.co.uk
24/7 Emergency Telephone:+44 (0) 1218 209 946

Main Office: +44 (0) 1279 216726

Risk Consulting
Email: Riskconsulting@mast-security.co.uk
Call: +44 (0) 1279 874 528

Security Systems
Email: Technology@mast-security.com
Call: +44 (0) 1279 874 521

Skip to content